Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
Hi everyone and welcome! This is skincare coach cieloscent with another tip on how to protect your skin during the winter months. Many of us at one time or another have used petroleum products such as Vaseline. Today we will learn about UN-petroleum by Alba. One of my favorite products to have because it comes in handy in so many ways.
What’s petroleum Jelly?
In a nut shell it’s the by product of oil production. Specifically the remnants of crude oil when in the making of gasoline. What are my concerns apart from the possible carcinogenic factors which weigh heavy on my mind regarding petroleum and not to mention the environmental reasons:
1. Clogs your pores! Eventually. Petroleum jelly is very difficult to remove because it is a water repellent and as a result it just sits on your face. As you know, this is an invitation for bacteria which will initiate a cycle of breakouts and other skin problems.
2. Many people love petroleum because of it’s ability to seal moisture but what you are really doing is blocking the elimination of toxins.
3. It interferes with your cell turnover and this effects your collagen and elastin which helps your skin from aging faster than it should.
4. Here is the biggie concern for me: Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons or PHA’s they have been linked to cancer. The carcinogenic culprits however are removed in the refining process therefore creating petroleum that is deemed safe to use. The FDA recognizes petrolatum as a skin protectant because it is not absorbed by the skin.
Why do I use Alba UN-petroleum?
1. Simple and safe ingredients. (Castor oil, Coconut oil, Beeswax, Vitamin E, )
2. I use it all over my body especially in the winter months! My feet love this product all year round.
3. During the winter I place a very small amount of UN-petroleum around my eye area.
4. Reasonably priced: anywhere from $4.00-9.99.
This is a fantastic alternative to petroleum should you decide to go this route. Thank you for joining me your- skincare coach -here at skincare talk radio!
Be well & Happy
http://rosary.cieloscent.com/ Check out our other show. Thanks!