The secret to stretch marks is to treat the area by beginning the “fading” process as soon as you notice it. The skin is made up of three layers: 1. Epidermis- outer layer 2. Dermis-middle layer 3Subcutaneous-deep layer. These not-so pretty marks are created in the dermis.when the connective tissue (collagen can be found here) is stretched. The collagen and the Elastin tear in your skin creating a stretch mark. The collagen is no longer strong and red scars appear under the epidermis. As time progresses the scars appear as a silver line on your skin.
1. Drink your water! .Remember that remaining well-hydrated in treating scars and for over all well being is a must. Did you know that water actually brings back the “elasticity” of your skin. Avoid beverages that dehydrate your body such as coffee, tea and soda. Add Vitamin C as a strong aid in your healing of stretch marks or scars. Vitamin C increases collagen production and the added plus helps with skin discoloration.
2. Use a fresh cotton pad and apply lemon /cucumber mixture – 50/50- to stretch marks and leave it on no longer than 5-10 minutes.Use a juicer if you would like to press the juice (Omega juicer).
3. Aloe Vera and Vitamin E are excellent for any scaring type of skin challenge. Repeat at least several times through out your day.
4. Rose Hip Oil (a ripe fruit ) from the Cherokee rose is wonderful in healing scars.
5. Olive oil (a fatty acid) is one of my most favorite for so many skin conditions. The olive oil is loaded with antioxidants!
6. Jojoba oil (wax ester/fatty acid) penetrates the epidermis and helps in the healing of your skin.
7. Manuka honey stimulate collagen production . Apply three times a day and leave on for 15 minutes.
Be consistent in massaging the area using the essential fatty acids because this will help break up the fibrous connective tissue.
The greatest thing that you can do in your skincare is to be consistent.
Join us on iheart, Tunein, Stitcher, and Spreaker Radio. You can also find us on twitter and aboutme.com.
Make It a great day!